1. Data controller
The controller of the personal data collected is Marina Valero Burgos, of Hans-Tombrock-Str. 4, 44263, Dortmund (Germany), holder of Spanish national identity card number 48346458E and German tax identification number DE815423163 (hereafter, VALERO BURGOS TRANSLATIONS).
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that the server hosting the website sends to the browser on the terminal (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) you use to connect to it. Cookies are used to store information about your browsing habits on that terminal and may later be recovered.
2.1. What types of cookie are there?
There are various categories of cookie, and a single cookie may fall into more than one category:
2.1.1. Types of cookie depending on their source:
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained, cookies can be categorised as follows:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user’s terminal from the system or domain managed by the owner/publisher of the website and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are sent to the user's terminal from a system or domain that is not managed by the owner/publisher of the website but by another entity that processes the data obtained from the cookies.
If the cookies are sent from a system or domain managed by the owner/publisher of the website but the information obtained from them is processed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
2.1.2. Types of cookie depending on length of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user browses the website. They are usually used to store information needed solely to provide the services requested by the user during that session.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on the user’s terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the cookie controller. This length of time may vary from a few minutes to several years.
2.1.3. Types of cookie depending on their purpose:
Depending on the purpose of processing the data obtained, cookies can be categorised as follows:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow users to browse a website, platform or application and permit the use of various options or services, such as, for example, traffic and data monitoring, session identification, access to restricted areas, storing the items in an order, carrying out the order purchase process, registering for events, using security elements during browsing, storing content for video or audio broadcasts or sharing content on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow users to access the service using certain general predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria derived from the user’s terminal, such as, for example, language, browser used to access the service, region from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow the cookie controller to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites with which they are associated. The information collected by this type of cookie is used to measure activity on websites, applications or platforms and to create user browsing profiles for those websites, applications or platforms in order to enhance them based on usage of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies enable highly effective management of advertising that, where applicable, the publisher has included on the webpage, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. This management is based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which ads are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies enable highly effective management of advertising that, where applicable, the publisher has included on the webpage, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about users’ behaviour obtained by ongoing observation of their browsing habits, allowing the cookie controller to create a specific profile and then display advertising based on it.
3. Which cookies does our website use?
This website uses only technical cookies (essential for the operation of the website) for which the user’s consent is not required.
4. How to disable and/or block cookies
When you access the website, cookies are only installed if you click ACCEPT on the cookie information banner.
In addition, you can manage how the browser installed on your terminal handles cookies. The following links provide information about which cookies are installed in your browser, how to enable or block them and how to delete them from your terminal:
- For Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES
Several downloadable third-party tools are available that detect the cookies on the websites you visit and allow you to disable them (e.g. Ghostery: https://www.ghostery.com/).
Web browsers are the tools used to store cookies and are where users can exercise their right to delete or disable them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives guarantee that the above-mentioned browsers will handle cookies correctly.
In some cases, it is necessary to install cookies for the browser to remember the user’s decision not to accept them.
5. Purpose of processing personal data
See the information in the table detailing the cookies that the website installs.
6. Storage period
The information obtained via the cookies is kept for two years.
7. Legitimate interest
Your data are processed on the legal basis of your consent.
Barring legal obligations, the data obtained by installing cookies will not be assigned to any third party outside VALERO BURGOS TRANSLATIONS without the express authorisation of the data subject.
Notwithstanding, use of third-party plug-ins and add-ons on the website may result in transfer of data to the third parties specified in the table detailing the cookies the website installs.
As data subject, you are entitled to exercise the following rights:
- To withdraw your consent at any time.
- To ACCESS your personal data.
- To request that any inaccurate data be RECTIFIED.
- To request ERASURE of your data when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- In certain circumstances you may request the RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING of your data, in which case we will only store your data for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may exercise your right to OBJECT to the processing of your data. In this case, we will cease to process your data, except where there are compelling legitimate grounds or for the exercise or defence of potential legal claims.
- In certain circumstances and for reasons pertaining to your particular situation, you may request to exercise your right to data PORTABILITY. This right is in addition to the right of access, as it allows you to obtain the data that you have provided to VALERO BURGOS TRANSLATIONS in a widely used, machine-readable structured format that can be transferred directly to another entity on the request of the data subject.
You may exercise these rights by writing to the postal address and/or the e-mail address provided under „1. 1. Personal data controller“.
Furthermore, if you believe that any of your rights have been infringed upon, you are entitled to submit a claim to the data protection supervisory authority of the EU Member State where you reside.
For queries regarding data protection in relation to our services, please contact:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
(Commissioner for the Protection of Data and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia)
Kavalleriestr. 2 - 4, 40213 Düsseldorf
Tel.: 02 11/384 24-0 - Fax: 02 11/384 24-10
E-mail: email@example.com - Web: https://www.ldi.nrw.de
For queries regarding telecommunications, please contact:
Bundesbeauftragten für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit (BfDI)
(Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
Husarenstraße 30, 53117 Bonn
Tel.: +49 (0) 228 997799-0 - Fax: +49 (0) 228 997799-5550
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Web: https://www.bfdi.bund.de